Friday, July 21, 2017

Where's the bok choy? *

Week 1, Dish 1: Summer Ramen
with Coconut Lime Broth and Sweet Corn


Imagine the panic: no bok choy!
Fortunately, I had enough greens in my failing garden to make a substitution -- but, dAmN!

Next, I was reminded why I like to use frozen corn....

Of course, fresh-off-the-cob is absolutely the way to go. So... I found that a mandolin-slicer made de-kernelling the sweet corn a little easier. Admittedly, the texture is different, since the kernels aren't cut off the cob whole this way. Nevertheless, I suspect they're easier to digest, and maybe tastier.

The finished dish was delicious, but I'm wondering what it was supposed to taste like had I not had to make a substitution.

This first mealkit (out of three) made about 4 bowls this size. I had 2 1/2 bowls hot for dinner, and the remaining 1 1/2 bowls cold for breakfast this morning. Nice.

[btw, the time elapsed from the first photo (start of first task) to second photo (hot bowl of yummy): 1 hour and 13 minutes. but you are undoubtedly better in the kitchen than i am. :>)}]

* UPDATE 26 July 2017
Purple Carrot applied a $20 credit to my account for the two missing ingredients. I'm a very happy customer!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home